Monday Morning MEM0 050124- STRATEGIES
Monday Morning Memo – where we share tips and ideas for your business.
Toady I want to talk about strategies to keep the business going.
This is our second week in lock down and short notice can be very challenging to deal with, so what are you doing to keep the business going? Do you have a plan.
Let’s take a look at some suggestions:
- Review your work day and see where you need to improve:
- Are you getting up early to prepare your day?
- Is exercise on your morning list or even some type of meditation?
- What about morning breakfast? What does that consist of, and is it adequate to keep you nourished and until lunch?
- Who are your suppliers? Do you have a plan in place to get your goods when you need them? Have any of them closed and how would this affect you? What about your outstanding orders? Contact your suppliers.
- If you are in the Food business how are you dealing with your fresh produce to ensure they last until the end of the lock down? Short notice can be disastrous for people in the food industry.
- If you are producing your own products, relook your production process. Are there any areas that need improvement? What about your raw material?
- Do you have staff and how are you dealing with them? Would you have to lay them off , or at least some of them? With short notice, have you considered rotation? How would this impact your business? If you are keeping on any how are they being paid?
- Are your financial records up to date?
- Have you filed taxes and all your quarterly payments?
- How is your marketing? Are there any plans/areas to improve your presence con social media? How are you keeping in touch with your customers?
- If you are working from home, how are you ensuring that you make maximum use of your time? Do you have a plan of how much work you could get through?
- Nothing beats preparation. In these times it is so important to keep on top of the news, so you are not caught off guard. You can use short notice closure to your advantage if you keep on top of your business operation and the news.
It can be very discouraging to close down with short notice, especially if you were just breaking even. If you need help or just to talk about your business challenges reach out to us:
868 465 0603 email – email@example.com